Strength in STEM
A standards-based, cloud-based virtual modeling STEM application that guides students through an engaging, realistic bridge development process capped by a very cool Monster Truck Rally -- all before building their actual bridges.
A 3-D model is literally developed in minutes! The simplicity of the modeling process puts focus where it belongs - learning the critically important science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) that lives just below the surface. And it's completely web-based... how cool is that? Then, "connecting the virtual to the physical", students can print custom templates to build their actual bridges.
For pricing information please contact our sales department.
Note: After clicking the play button, please click the gear icon on the YouTube video player for higher resolution video quality.
How it Works
- What's the secret to a stronger more efficient bridge? Its not magic or luck ... its science. In this section, your students will find all the theory they need, as well as plenty of activities and tools to put it to action. Several tutorials will ensure that they are well prepared for the remaining sections.
- Engineers know their science -- that's for sure. But they also have great tools to help them visualize their design in 3D. In this section, your students will use our custom, built-in CAD system to create 3D models on screen and quickly choose between various materials, truss types, sizes, and configurations.
- In this section, your students work with a number of built-in tools to see how well their design stands up to the scientific principles presented in the Research section. This stuff is really neat, but it won't make much sense if they haven't completed their Research!
- When your students complete their design, they'll need Print Templates to help cut their design. These items, along with detailed Stress, Design Specification and Bill of Material reports, can all be found in the Outputs section.
- Monster Truck Rally
- Ready for some fun? In the Monster Truck Rally, your students will run up to six trucks over their bridge design - each getting heavier and heavier - until its a crumbled mess. But dont worry, there's nothing to clean up because its all virtual.
- Build and Test
- Now that we've conquered the virtual world, its time to build and test a real bridge. In this section, your students find instructions and tips to build a quality design.
- Teacher-Directed Curriculum
The learning system puts teachers in control. Teachers can adjust the content level to meet the varied learning needs of Middle and High School students. Achievement and performance reports help teachers guide student learning.
- Standards-based, STEM Knowledge
The application encompasses a high quality standards-based curriculum that enhances the development of fundamental science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) knowledge.
- Comprehensive Suite of Tools
The system contains a fully integrated suite of CAD, analysis, and content delivery tools - all within a common, easy-to-use interface.
- Time, Focus, and Confidence
Students have time to focus on making theory actionable. This enables learning, and ultimately yields confidence.
- Exciting Web 2.0 Interface
Because the system is web-based, its accessible from anywhere. Its also built with the most advanced web-based tools available. This provides teachers with the flexibility they deserve, and students with the "wow factor" they expect.
Structures 2.0 is a web-based product. For details, View System Requirements.